Bored with your everyday hairstyles? Want to try something new and easy? Here’s two splendid hairstyles inspired by Elsa from the Disney movie frozen.
LOOK 1: Coronation hairstyle
I think this look is gorgeous for things like homecoming and prom. It’s a really easy up-do that barely takes 5 minutes. Here’s how you can do it yourself.
NOTE: If you have straight hair, flat hair or thin hair, then you may need to add some volume by curling your hair, back combing it and adding extensions.
- Split your hair into a side partition (whichever side you prefer).
- Take the side that has more hair and start twisting away from your face by taking medium size chunks and adding them to each other.
- When you reach the nape of your neck, stop twisting and bobby pin the twist in place.
- Do the same thing by twisting the hair in the opposite direction of your first twist. (this has to be away from your face as well)
- Twist till you reach the bottom of your hair.
- Roll the bottom bit into a side bun and voila! You have Elsa’s coronation hairstyle.
LOOK 2: Let it go
This look is more of an everyday hairstyle. I love it because it’s so simple and yet so magical.
- Backcomb your hair in sections to add a lot of volume.
- Take the middle section and start French braiding 3 inches from your hairline. (we don’t want it to look flat, because Elsa’s braid is extremely voluminous).
- While adding chunks to the French braid make sure you take big pieces. In a regular French braid we take small amount of hair but here we want it to be big and slightly messy.
- Once you reach the bottom secure with an elastic.
- Tug at the hair in the braid to make it look thick.
- Take some bangs out and pull them back over the front and bobby pin or spray them in place.
- You can add jewels and a ribbon to the end of your braid to make it more Elsa-y.
Hope this is helpful.